Internet changed our day to day lives as fast as we grow. But there are some people who changed the life on the internet and give a better experience on the internet. I am going to mention here some people who changed the life on the user experience on the internet.
Now let go ahead and know the name of the people and their contribution in the internet era.
- Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn: Vint cerf is an American Computer Scientist who is known as the father of Internet who invented TCP/IP suit for communication protocol together with Bob Kahn. According to Vint Cerf Internet is the mirror of population and spam is its side effects.
- Tim Berners-Lee: Tim Berners-Lee is the Father of WWW which stands for World Wide Web and he is the first person who writes the web client and server. He makes a way to makes links or hypertext on the web.
- Ray Tomlinson: Ray Tomlinson is the first person who invents E-mail known for exchanging messages between two machines on the internet. He came with “@” symbol format for the Email addresses
- Michael Hart: Michael Hart is known as the father of E-books. He created a project Gutenberg and was considered as the first electronic library of the world that changed the way we read.
- Gary Thuerk: Spamming is the old marketing technique and the first mass emailing to customer over the Arpanet was sent by Gary Thuerk. What he didn’t realize at the time was that he had sent the world’s first spam.
- Scott Fahlman: Today we all use the emoticon in our messaging and emails but you know who firstly introduce them. Mr. Scott Fahlman was developed the emoticon to distinguish the post those are humorously and those serious in nature.
- Marc Andreessen: Marc Andreessen was the father of World’s first web browser Mosaic which was later widely used as Netscape Navigator. He is also the co-founder and the chairman of Ning and he is investor of several startups like Digg, Plazes and Twitter.
- Robert Tappan Morris: Robert Tappan Morris came with first worm virus. The concept of a worm virus is unique compare to the conventional hacking. Instead of getting into a network themselves, they send a small program they have coded to do the task. From this concept Robert Tappan Morris created the first Morris Worm. It’s one of the very first worm viruses to be sent out over the Internet.
- Ward Cunningham: Ward Cunningham is an American programmer who developed the first wiki to let the people to collaborate, edit and create the pages online. He names this Wiki after the word Hawaiian which means “Quick”.
- Sabeer Bhatia: Sabeer Bhatia is basically from India. Sabeer Bhatia is the founder of Hotmail which is a free emailing service. Sabeer Bhatia came in the news after he sold this program to Microsoft in $400 Million. He was awarded the “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Draper Fisher Jurvertson in 1998 and was noted by TIME as one of the “People to Watch” in international business in 2002.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin: Larry Page and Sergey Brin are American computer scientist who changed the way to use the internet. They came up with a Search Engine named as Google. They started this with their own fund but now days their company grows high day by day since it begins.
- Bill Gates: Bill Gates is a founder of Software Company Called “Micro-Soft” which is a combination of “Microcomputer Software”. Later he developed a GUI (Graphical user Interface) for the Disk operating system that he called New Style Windows.
- Steve Jobs: Steve Jobs is a successful entrepreneur who founded the reputed BrandApple. He changed the ways as we work, communicate and play.
- David Filo and Jerry Yang: David Fillo and jerry yang are the founders of Yahoo which changed the way people communicate and share. They started it as a Pastime but now days it evolved into universal brand.
- Brad Fitzpatrick: Brad Fitzpatrick developed the one of the most popular blogging network “Live Journal”
- Shawn Fanning: Shawn Fanning is the founder of a leading peer to peer file sharing program “Napster” which is designed to let music fan find and music trade.
- Peter Thiel: Peter Thiel came up with a program which is used to transfer money to each other instantly. This program is known as PayPal. He founded it in the age of 31 and later sold it to Ebay for $1.5 billion.
- Pierre Morad Omidyar: Pierre Morad Omidyar creates an online marketplace where buyers and seller meet together. He named it Ebay.
- Jimmy Wales: Jimmy Wales is the founder ofWikipedia launched in 2001, a world’s largest encyclopedia that carries article and can edited by anyone who can access the website.
- Stewart Butterfield And Caterina Fake: Stewart Butterfield and his wife Caterina Fakeintroduce the world’s Top Photo sharing website Flicker where anyone can share their images.
- Niklas Zennstrom: Niklas Zannstrom came up with a program named as Skype that enables people to communicate with each other through worldwide. It offers users to high quality free calling on their PC and Mobile.
- Mark Zuckerberg: Mark Zuckerberg is the founder of world’s most famous social networking website Facebook that enables the user to share their thought, photos, and videos and allow them to chat privately.
- Jack Dorsey: Jack Dorsey is the founder of Twitter which allows the friends and family to know what he was doing. You can share your message in 140 or less Character with your friend on Twitter.
- Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim : Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim met as early employees at PayPal. Later they start world’s largest videos sharing website Youtube which enable user to upload or download a video. Later one and half year Google acquires Youtube for $1.65 billion.
- Matt Mullenweg: Matt Mullenweg is the founder of today’s leading open source blogging platform WordPress. Today many reputed websites are run upon WordPress platform.
- Reid Hoffman: Reid Hoffman, a former executive vice president at PayPal, created LinkedIn as a professional social network allowing registered users to maintain a list of contact details of people they know and trust in business.